Thursday, November 20, 2014

PaperCraftersCorner: Magazine Monday #77


     Today is my daughter's birthday.  I remember that day 44 years ago like it was yesterday.  We were so thrilled.  Everyone knows first babies take their time getting here.  Ha!  It was exactly 15 minutes from when we went into the front door of the hospital until she was born on the 3rd floor!  But I diverge. . . .
     Today our daughter is Mrs. Howell.  When she married, her 3rd grade students thought she was Mrs. Owl.  Since then owls have been her "thing."  :o)
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 77 Inspiration Piece (image)
PCC Inspiration
     I'm having fun with my variation of a "stage" card that I found in a UK magazine.  I looked to PCC's Monday Monday for further inspiration.  I used the red border and the Times New Roman font.  I had planned to make that more of a headline, but decided to chop it and pop it.
  I used my new Wink of Stella pen for the glittery balloon and Glossy Accents on the owl's eyes.  The leaves are Cheery Lynn Designs.  Since I haven't learned to color yet, I treasure my clipart collection.  This owl is by Laurie Furnell. 

Thank you, PCC, for the fun!  Thank you, friends, for looking! 

3 comments:

  1. What a clever card and I love the 'back story', I always think it is what makes a handcrafted piece so special for the recipient x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I commented on this last week, well, must have exited before the verification done... LOVE this, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete