Saturday, May 10, 2014

PaperCrafter's Corner Magazine Mondays Week 50 & DCWV May Stackaholic Card Challenge

     I loved being a Fiskateer and miss that active blog so much, but there was one--and probably only one--disadvantage of playing there:  Challenge entries could not be posted anywhere else.  Now I have a new challenge for myself:  combining challenges!
DCWV May Card Sketch
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 50 Inspiration Piece (image)
Papercrafter's Corner Magazine Challenge #50
     I started with an idea in my head for my hubby's birthday next month, but completely changed direction.  I still stuck with the idea of numbers from the Monday Magazine challenge, but went with the year to make a graduation card for my great-nephew.  (OMGoodness!  I am getting so old!  Some of the greats are already graduating from college!  We will have great-greats before long!)
     Devin's school colors are blue and white.  I found just the right papers in DCWV's Tradewinds matstack and Tradewinds Cardstock matstack.  (One has prints.  One has coordinating solids.)  The solid is beautiful glitter paper, but that didn't photograph well.  The circular elements are Spellbinders "Cogs," and the numbers and letters are cut from Sizzix dies.  The stamp is from JustRite Stampers. 
     On a personal note, with my son and his sweet wife going through a painful divorce, we have been on a rocky and chaotic road of late.  So thankful to have Jesus to lean on and papercrafting as a therapeutic tool.  Time with grandchildren leaves me exhausted, but makes my heart smile. I received a beautiful bouquet today for Mother's Day.  I've already eaten part of it, the chocolate-dipped pineapple and a couple of huge chocolate-dipped strawberries!  Then my tummy smiled, too.  Thank you, Daughter Dear!  xox

No comments:

Post a Comment