Friday, April 26, 2013

     Well, I haven't lived up to my plan to post regularly, but I couldn't pass on this one.  Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge Blog is hosting a Mother's Day Challenge.  See it here:  http://cheerylynndesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2013/04/cheery-lynn-designs-challenge-77.html
     I don't expect to win the challenge.  I just want to share how easy it is to make fun favors when you have great tools. 
     I recently posted a comment on a FB page that Cheery Lynn's Flourish Leaf Strip is my all time favorite die.  So detailed!  Cuts several at once!  It's just way cool!  Anyway, I used it for the Mother's Day favors for church that I have been working on this week.  The first two pictures show ones on which I used Cheery Lynn Designs Cutie 2 for the roses.  Fantastic!

I made many more, and I did use the CLD leaves on all of them.  However, I made other flowers just for variety.  The tag is made with Fiskars XXL Tag punch and a computer generated sentiment.  I covered wrapped Twix bars with a 1/4 sheet of a handmade paper that Costco sold about 5 years ago.  I finished the ends using my Fiskars Crimper and Fiskars pinking shears.  I hope the ladies at church enjoy them.  They were made with love.   
 


3 comments:

  1. Wow what a colorful selection of favors. So bright and cheery. The leafs and roses really add to them. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn challenge. Good Luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi,
    You did a beautiful job with your flowers and that was really nice of you to make all of those treats for the ladies. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
    Hugs*
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sweet gift. Your flowers really make it pop. Thank you for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Challenge.

    ReplyDelete