Friday, June 21, 2013

DCWV June Scrapaholics Sketch Challenge

I think sketch challenges are among my favorite.  I so enjoy seeing how others interpret the same sketch.  DCWV has a monthly Stackaholics challenge that I have entered several times.  I decided to give it a go again, but actually use my long-ignored blog to post.  Maybe I can make a habit of that.  :o)  This is for the June card sketch, using DCWV Fun in the Sun Summer Glitter Stack. 
I love the way it turned out so much, I decided to use the same sketch to make a second card with some red, white and blue scraps.  #Fiskateers shape challenge for June is pinwheels.  I'm sure that's where the original idea in my head came from.  I die-cut the slightly wonky squares for the DCWV card, but used my Fiskars trimmer to cut squares for the red, white and blue.  Almost the same exact card, but so different with the different colors and patterns.  Such fun!  I do love paper and scissors and glue!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Love the colors and patterns you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, awesome how similar but different they are.

    ReplyDelete