Monday, May 5, 2014

PaperCrafter's Corner NSD Challenge 5, Event Stories

Well, I was able to do the first and the last challenge, just barely.  Time is my enemy!
I had to dig out some old photo albums from the days before I had digital to find pics of one of our favorite events ever.  We've done lots of big golf tournaments and photographed the celebrities, but this trip for Donnie will always remain a highlight.  May I present 1999 Special Olympics World Games in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina!  (It was so hot and humid that only the African athletes who were use to the heat actually ran a full marathon.  For safety sake, the others were cut to a half marathon.)
     Background paper is DCWV Spring stack, but it's mostly covered.  The foil letters are also DCWV. 
     Donnie recently moved to a group home where he is very happy.  I think I will frame this and take it to him for his room.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment