Sunday, January 25, 2015

PaperCraftersCorner Magazine Monday, #84

http://pccorner.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Papercrafting-Challenge-Magazine-Mondays-Week-84-Inspiration-Piece.jpg     I can't begin to tell you how many times I changed my mind about this challenge.  I was going to go with a favor box, but nixed that.  I was going to go with a card using kraft as the background, like the PCC inspiration.  I really liked that idea, and still may do it, but in the spirit of Magazine Monday, I decided to use a page from a magazine as my background. 
     I did know from the beginning what I wanted to say on my project, whether it be a favor or a card, but wasn't sure how I would get it there.  My FiskaFriend Tona sent me happy mail some time ago containing Tim Holtz mustaches.  That solved one problem.  So now I had to get brave.  LOL!  I've been reading and watching  tutorials on the Cricut Expression since I won one from the dear gals at PaperCraftersCorner, but I've been afraid to actually try it.  I did it!  And it worked! 
     I love die-cut words, but needed another option than buying a metal die for each word.  Now I have it!  It was very easy to weld the letters and cut words using the Cricut Craft Room.  I think I will use a thinner font next time, but I hadn't found one when I did this.  Still, I think it turned out fine, and I can't wait to cut more.  I bought a couple of cartridges on eBay and DGD can't wait to cut out Disney Princesses.  Tomorrow. . . .
     Back to the challenge, I was inspired in one direction and took another.  But Valentine, magazine page and my new Cricut, all with inspiration from and thanks to PCC.  Hope you like it.  Thanks for looking. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the card! The magazine is the perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you used so many of your ideas to make this fabulous card!! So happy you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete