Sunday, August 21, 2016

PaperCrafter's Corner Magazine Monday #157

    Yesterday I decided this wasn't going to get done.  This morning I woke up with a simpler idea that just maybe I was up to completing.  And I did!
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 157 Inspiration Piece (image)
     My first thought from PaperCrafter's Corner's inspiration piece was the obvious:  children going off to school.   I only got this one picture of Sequoia's first day this year. . .and I think it's the same view I got last year, her standing by the chalk drawing of the school's puma mascot.  The title piece and slide are svgs from the generous #misskatecuttables.  Where I got discouraged was putting them into Cricut Design Space and finding it was going to take about 20 mats.  I'm physically not up to that this week, especially after taking a fall (in that messy family room I scrapped last week!).  But this morning I came up with the idea of doing a "print and cut."  That took all the work and worry out.
     The background paper, which looks like school paper, is from #DCWV Magnolia stack.  To fill the page, I had to stay simple so I went with the stars in the title, punched a bunch and scattered them around.  It looks better in person.  It actually turned out pretty cute.  :o)
    Edited:  While I was working on the cut-and-print part of this, my 20-month-old grandson turned off my computer.  I gave up for the day.  The next day when I tried again, I somehow switched the cuttable from Miss Kate to the kindergarten one!  This is first grade!  It hit me hard the day after I posted.  It all got fixed before it went into her scrapbook.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. I love your layout with the print and stars! So special for your grandchild too!! Am so sorry that you fell after all you have been through!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete