Monday, July 29, 2013

DCWV July Stackaholic Challenge

     Antigoglin:  lopsided or at an angle.  I learned a new word!  (Thank you, Heather and Margit!) 
     I have a degree in natural science.  I've always been very left-brained, analytical, never artistic.  Somehow, I have found, or turned on, the right-side.  No one is more surprised than I that I can actually come up with some pretty creative cards and scrapbook pages!  But it has definitely been a process.
      At first everything had to be ever-so-straight and symmetrical.  My friend Pat drove me crazy with her lop-sided art!  I think she did it just to torture me.  Now that I'm getting older and my brain power is diminishing, maybe the left brain is fading faster allowing my right brain to flourish.  Oh, there I go. . .trying to figure it all out again!  Anyway, now I like lopsided!   Here's my entry for this month's stackaholic challenge.  I used DCWV's So-So Sweet matstack.    
     It is pretty CAS (Clean and Simple, for my non-crafting friends).  But it's more complicated than it looks.  I stamped the image three different times, fussy-cut and paper-pieced.  I sewed around the different layers, inked around the image, layered and popped it.  And it's antigoglin! 

2 comments:

  1. This is fun. Years ago Creating Keepsakes had a feature on scrapbooking geometrically/mathematically. It was very cool. You did a great job Suzi. FYI: Thanks for the vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi, I just found your blog! I always love anything "Suzi!" ThIs card is no exception. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete